Haier announced today that Euromonitor International, the global leader in consumer market strategy research, has again ranked Haier as the number one major appliance brand in the world with a 8.6% retail volume share in 2012 marking the fourth consecutive year Haier has been given this honor.
According to the report from Euromonitor, in terms of retail volume share, Haier gained the top position again in several product categories, and the top product rankings include:
• Refrigeration Appliances
- Haier is the number one brand of Refrigeration Appliances in the world with 14.8% retail volume share in 2012, up 1.1 points from 2011.
- Haier is the number one manufacturer of Refrigeration Appliances in the world with 16.6% retail volume share in 2012, up 0.1 points from 2011.
- Haier is the number one brand of Freezers in the world with 18.6% retail volume share in 2012, up 1.9 points from 2011.
- Haier is the number one manufacturer of Freezers in the world with 18.8% retail volume share in 2012, up 2 points from 2011.
• Home Laundry Appliances
- Haier is the number one brand of Home Laundry in the world with 11.8% retail volume share in 2012, up 0.9 points from 2011.
- Haier is the number one manufacturer of Home Laundry in the world with 12.2% retail volume share in 2012.
• Electrical Wine Cooler/Chiller
- Haier is the number one brand, as well as the number one manufacturer of Electrical Wine Cooler/Chiller in the world with 15.3% retail volume share in 2012.
According to the newly-released report by Euromonitor International, the need for global household appliances continues to decrease due to the effects of financial crisis and the European debt crisis. However, Haier has won global consumers’ favor with its differentiated products, and its global market share has increased continuously. The report from Euromonitor International indicates that, Haier again ranked as the number one major appliances brand in the world, with a 0.8% growth for Haier in global brand market share from 2011.
Euromonitor International Limited, founded in the UK in 1972, is the world's leading independent provider of business intelligence on industries, countries and consumers. The Global Major Appliances Brands 2011 rankings are based on 2011 data from trade sources and national statistics.
Founded in Qingdao, Shandong province, China, in 1984 under the leadership of Mr. ZHANG Ruimin, its current Chairman and CEO, Haier is the No. 1 major home appliances brand in the world and China (Source: Euromonitor International Limited; retail volume sales in units based on 2011 data). Haier Group employs more than 80,000 people around the world and distributes products in more than 100 countries and regions with global revenues reaching US$23.3 billion in 2011. Haier’s subsidiary, Qingdao Haier Co. Ltd (600690:SH), is listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange and Haier’s subsidiary Haier Electronics Group Co Ltd. (01169:HK) is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.